Welcome to the campaigns page. UNISON encourages its members to take responsible action and get involved. So check our active campaign issues in Bedford, the UK and around the globe.
Put NHS pay right
NHS staff are facing the largest cost of living crisis for a generation. We think a pay rise is only a real rise if it goes up by more than living costs – a pay rise below inflation is a PAY CUT.
The Pay Review Body (PRB) has given NHS staff a flat £1,400 per year pay rise, across all bands apart from Bands 6 and 7, who receive a 4% pay rise.
With inflation at 9.4% and rising, this pay offer is well below what is required and is a real terms PAY CUT.
UNISON are currently reviewing the detail and will be consulting members on the next appropriate action that members wish to take.
To find out more about how to get involved, and campaign for fairer NHS Pay, please click here.
Other Unison Campaigns
- Blog: Help us fight back against the government’s ‘Rights Removal Bill’
- Exam board staff to strike on A-level results day, says UNISON
- Get ready for Green UNISON Week
- Government must act swiftly to cap ‘horrific’ energy price hikes, says UNISON
- UNISON urges caution over new pension scheme
- Blog: I urge members to make sure they have their say on pay
- Pay key to solving crisis in social care, says UNISON
- £30m ambulance contract as effective as sticking plaster on wound, says UNISON