Welcome to the campaigns page. UNISON encourages its members to take responsible action and get involved. So check our active campaign issues in Bedford, the UK and around the globe.
NO GOING BACK TO NORMAL!
UNISON are calling on Westminster and beyond to give the key workers of our country the recognition they deserve for fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
We want the people in power to do more than stand on their doorsteps and give us a round of applause. We want them to show their real thanks for all of the hard work that key workers up and down the country have put in to keeping our country going.
Want to read more? Get involved? Visit https://www.nogoingbacktonormal.org/
Rebuild all our public services, by securing long term investment and making money available to employ and train the number of staff that are needed to ensure our services are there when you need them.
Create fairer and safer work places with proper risk assessments. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Disabled workers and other vulnerable groups need to have the right to work from home whilst the risk of COVID-19 persists.
Give public sector workers a decent pay rise because the pandemic has shown how important they are. This would also help the lowest paid out of in-work poverty.
Build a fairer and greener post COVID-19 society, in which the inequalities that have become so evident during the crisis are addressed as a matter of urgency.
Other Unison Campaigns
- Branch resources review restarts, with pledge to stay on schedule
- University staff speak out about COVID-19 fears
- Boost wages and scrap tuition fees to turbo-charge nurse recruitment
- Support jobs and strengthen economy to maintain public services, says UNISON
- Government must safeguard thousands of university jobs, say education unions
- NEC nominates Christina McAnea in general secretary election
- Survey reveals staff fears ahead of universities reopening
- Raise a toast to public track and trace