Welcome to the campaigns page. UNISON encourages its members to take responsible action and get involved. So check our active campaign issues in Bedford, the UK and around the globe.
GIVE ALL NHS PAY STAFF A DECENT PAY RISE!
All NHS staff, whatever their jobs, are on the front line in the fight against coronavirus.
While we all stayed at home to stop the spread of the virus, they were hard at work saving lives and looking after us.
That’s why we all applauded on a Thursday night – to say thank you.
Now the clapping has stopped they still need our support.
You can help by writing to your MP to support our call for an early pay rise.
Want to read more? Get involved? Visit https://www.unison.org.uk/our-campaigns/give-nhs-staff-decent-pay-rise/
What it would mean for you
A £2,000 increase to every pay point would mean:
- A pay rise of over £1 per hour for all staff
- A fair and equitable rise, reflecting the contribution of all staff through 2020
- A minimum of £10.23 per hour – taking the NHS pay floor above the real Living Wage
- A Band 5 starting salary of nearly £27,000
- For Bands 1 – 6 a rise of at least double RPI inflation.
How you can get involved
We know we have strong public support. If we work together, in UNISON branches and workplaces across the UK we can get the government to deliver on NHS pay.
Write to your MP to ask them to support the campaign and ask your friends and family to do so too.
Follow the campaign on social media: #OneTeam2k #Twodaysfor2k
Other Unison Campaigns
- UNISON to help lead union response to the racism report
- Turning young people onto politics
- Blog: The government can still address racism properly
- Join UNISON for a series of green events
- UNISON research reveals scale of council deficits
- Supporting branches – online events coming soon
- Calling all outsourced members in the NHS
- UNISON wins U-turn over hospital parking charges